Genre neutrals with a Panda mask!
You might have heard us before…….
You might have seen us before…….
Dizzy Panda are a producers duo from The Netherlands. They don’t stick to a specific genre and like to blend genres with a touch of psychedelic (Dizzy) or retro (Panda) influences. Like all panda’s they have a bright and a dark side….
The debut album ‘Raw Dummy‘ was released in march 2020. After this a several projects started.
The second album ‘Rue d’Ummy‘ has been online for about two weeks and was then taken offline (by us!). Do you have a copy? That’s a special one!
- Sippin’ Dummy – Our first single. It was recorded in a single take and has a duration or +10 minutes. The track was inspired by the sounds of Flofilz and Portishead. The track has never been placed on any playlist because of it’s length but has been ‘shazammed’ lot’s of times. It’s nothing special really. Just played around on Garageband, recorded the session and published online. Anyone can do it.
- Zilliqa – A tribute to a promising blockchain project. The twitter crowd voted for an electro swing track. Not our favorite track.
- Li Trai – Is a UKJazz/EDM track. The title is the Walloon name for the city of Maastricht. We are still waiting for an invitation at Maastricht Jazz. The single was our first single in the charts: Cooltop20.
- Who needs a Meniscus – Is an unusual blend of soul, funk, rock. But we like it. The single entered the Cooltop20. We’ve created a music video. Check it out on Youtube!
- Oak Ridge – Is a track named after the city where most of the Spotify streams for Dizzy Panda came from (if you are reading this: big thank you!). The track has some references to Kill Bill. It was supposed to be the track for Kill Bill 3. The single reached #2 in the Radio TFSC Top24.
- I know U want this – Is a retro funky track with some voice sampling. We did this track together with the young talented Chimae. It was our first track to pass 1000 streams on Spotify within a week.
- Little Basterd – This was launched in memory of James Dean who died in a car crash at September 30th 1955. We took this track offline after two weeks at . . . the 30th of September.
- Llama – Is an unusual combination of house beats and panflutes. We call it our first Panflute house track. The Germans seem to like this track.
- Turn Off The Light – Is a psychedelic electrotriphop song. We have created a 4:33 minute animation with this track with more than 4500 frames. Check out our music video! The single was in the CoolTop20 (cooltop20.com) and the Indie500 (free40.nl).
- Nippy Dim Sum – Is an anagram of our first single “Sippin’ Dummy”. We used some same samples and sounds, however 5 minutes shorter. We were told it’s Old School Boom Bap Lofi. Whatever. Artwork by Joe Brise.
- You Might Regret – Our second dark psychedelic electrotriphop track. This track comes with a music video too. The track is inspired by a young girl who was invited to spend the night with a couple. The girl was found dead the next morning. What happened…….?
- SSSSH! – Just a track to say goodbye to your loved ones. Don’t talk, no words to say…..sssssh! The track is based on old school dance tunes. In our musicvideo we used Boris Johnson with a facemask as an icon of 2020 and 2021 as both Covid-19 and the Brexit where dominating the news in this period. Lyrics by the StickupBoys from Brighton, UK.
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis – psychedelic again. Heavy on the bass and mostly instrumental. There is only one word in the lyrics, but it’s the longest word in the English language.
- NEXT UP:
- One by One – Old school funky shit. As the world is slowly opening up from lockdown’s, we wanted to release a happy vibe and dance tune. One by One is about…..well, you should find out yourselves. Anyway: We added 4 languages in this track. English, German, French and Japanese.
Work in Progress:
Bite My Tongue – Mixed feelings about this one….
Sabroso – This is all about artwork, not about the music. The single will be released at June 6th. Not sure which year though.
The third album is in the making. We are still in doubt which tracks should feature this album…. Lot’s to choose from. We have a lot of singles. Some of our work in progress can be found at Soundcloud. Some of our new videoclips premiere on Musiqcast first. Keep an eye out on our socials. We are (sometimes not so) active on Twitter, Instagram and not so active on Facebook and TikTok with our handle @dizzypandamusic.
Who is Dizzy Panda?
Dizzy Panda are the Dutch producersduo Mike & Mool. Often assisted by others. Take our mask and you’re Dizzy Panda.
Dizzy Panda Experiences:
- * First silent disco at ‘Dieben’s Place’, Curacao 2019. A brain surgeon was standing by.
- * Spotify premium members since 2012
- * 1999 Honorary member of the Timbuktu table football association.
- * Featured at ‘Dan’s schoolwarming’, Amsterdam 1998. We didn’t make it to the end. Too drunk.
- * Backing whistlers at the ‘Beerwhistlers’ 1998.
- * Featured at the underground houselabel ‘Diebhouse’ between 1994-1996.
- * Learned to play “brother Jocob” on the Casio keyboard in 1985. We still play the song!
Ah bullshit. We don’t have any experience. But all of the above is true.